This protein dessert is so amazing, easy to make and delicious that the only issue with it is that I feel very guilty eating it when I am on strict low-carb…I just still cannot believe something can be this sinless and packed of protein and so tasty at the same time! I guess it will take some time to accept it..but for now, let me eat another one…
If you are on a low carb, bulking or just trying to eat well – the true secret to your amazing body is to eat this…Tiramisu.
Just see these :
The whole Base macros amounts to:
132g Proteins; 15g Fats; 58g Carbs (904 kcal if you need to know..though you don’t)
And Topping (if used 400g of quark and 1 scoop of protein):
16g Carbs; 59g Protein; (320 kcal)
Therefore, if you make 6 quite big tiramisus, Each of them will be:
204 Kcal; 12g Carb; 2.5g Fat and 32g of Protein
N/B All calculations are approximate and based on the brands/ingredients I personally used. In any case, your cooked cake will not go far from these. I also must say that calculating macros I realised that most Carb&Fat and Kcal in the base come from coconut flour, thus I will try to replace it in the future with something even more sinless.Any ideas?
So here you go..You are welcome!
1 cup egg whites
1 cup low fat soft cottage cheese
1/2 cup whey protein powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
6 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1-3 drops of Rum flavour (or of your choice)
Cocoa or Protein powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Mix well all the Base ingredients in a blender
- Pour base mixture into a cake pan and bake for 12-16 mins until ready
- Cool the cake down and cut into pieces; alternatively, you can just use a spoon to place base into cups. All depends on a plating you imagine for your Tiramisu
- Make a shot of espresso and add few teaspoons for each Tiramisu base to soak
- Mix the Topping: Depending on how you like it, find your proportion of Quark and Protein powder. I tried vanilla, white chocolate powder and even banana protein mousse powder – all worked well, so it is up to your imagination. Vanilla, of course, would be a classic Tiramisu.
- Top the Base(with coffee soaked) cake with the topping.
- Dust on top cocoa or even chocolate protein powder!
Leave in a fridge to settle and Enjoy!