Green Marrow Muffins are easy and quick to make, work good with any diet and can be eaten both cold and warm, what makes it great to take in your lunch box. A Must Try for veggie-lovers!
1 free range organic egg
1 tbsp of flour replacement of your choice: bran; grounded into flour flax seeds or oats etc. (this is not essential if you see that the marrow is quite sticky but better to add it to make sure you have a good dish at the end, also it gives good fiber )
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (no-fan).
- Place cut marrow and egg into blender. Blend finely.
- Add 1 tbsp of flour replacement of your choice: salt and pepper. Blend again.
- Take non-stick muffin tray or grease with oil if needed, top with the batter and place into the oven. Bake until you see them grown and top golden, then place oven on 130C and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with dill and sour cream (or without if aiming to lose weight) ; also take in your lunch box and eat chilled the next day. Enjoy!