Let’s be honest, this is not your dream cheesecake, one of those you see on Pinterest and it makes you sleepless at night. This is a dream-cheesecake which is 0% bad Fats, 100% Protein and 0% Sin. It’s not only Not making you put on fat, it actually makes you lose it!
Moreover, it is sweet and tasty and for those going hardcore on protein load – it is a lifesaver. I do enjoy these ‘cheesecakes’ a lot and I am always trying to experiment with flavours. Coconut… here we go.
1 Jar Low-Fat Soft Cottage Cheese
1 egg white
1/3 tsp. Vanilla or any other matching extract you have
1/2 tsp. Stevia or other natural (!) sweetener you use
Coconut oil to grease the baking dish
2 tbsp. shredded coconut + extra
1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Blend the cottage cheese to make it all smooth.
- Beat egg white till the soft peak.
- Add egg white to cottage cheese.
- Add 1/2 tsp. Natural Stevia (remember it is green when it is natural, but it will not colour the cake) or other sweeteners you use. You may add more if you are a real sweet tooth just don’t overload it with a sweetener or it can turn bitter.
- Add Vanilla Extract (if you have a Coconut one – that is superb!)
- Add 2 tbsp. of Shredded Coconut.
- Melt Coconut oil and grease your baking dish with it. Use a small baking dish to make the cake thick, leave few cm. as the cake will lift.
- Bake in a pre-heat oven on 180C/4 Gas Mark for about 15 mins until you see the cake lifted and the top is turning a bit golden – then bake for 5 more mins.
- Get it out of the oven and leave it to cool. It will reduce in size.
- Grease the cake with a Maple syrup and add some coconut on top.