This Pumpkin Tart is spicy and delicious, it is easy to make and it is light! Moreover, replace Sugar with stevia or other natural sweetener, choose the healthiest option of cookies (adding ground ginger) and use coconut oil – and here you are, Sinless Pumpkin Tart.
Pumpkin (Butternut Squash) – you need about 600g when baked
A pinch of: cinnamon, nutmeg
4 tbsp of Maple syrup
2 tbsp caster sugar
200 ml double cream
300-500g ginger cookies, depending on the baking dish size
100-150 melted butter for the cookies
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Clean and cut pumpkin, place on a baking tray. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, Maple syrup. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile prepare the tart base: ground cookies in a blender/food processor. Melt butter and start adding butter to cookies in little portions. Mix batter with your hands so you can feel when it is ready – you do not want it too greasy but you need cookies to form a dough.
- Cover your baking dish with this dough, push it with your fingers. Do not make it too thick, you need about 0,5 mm. Also use a baking dish with loose bottom if you have one, but make sure it is a good quality as you might get that extra butter falling on the bottom of your oven causing smoke.
- When the pumpkin is ready, leave it too cool a little. Add sugar, eggs and mix.
- Add double cream, mix. Try if it is sweet enough. I would not recommend using any more sugar but if your pumpkin was not really nice you might consider saving the situation now.
- Top the cookie base with pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool and Enjoy!